mardi 14 juillet 2009

The Hidden Jackpot For Google Chrome OS In India

Why does everything that Google does generate so much buzz? A month ago, it was Google wave and now it is the new Chrome OS. Maybe it’s because the ideas are ridiculously simple and yet so revolutionary. Wave promises to redefine the way we communicate and Chrome OS is already bragging of changing the OS game. Now don’t get me wrong, I accept that I am a Google worshiper. But I am fair too.


I like Google because they have been making my web experience so much simpler. Take Chrome for example. It’s blazing fast, it’s so sleek and so simple. It lets me do what I want to do. Browse in peace.


It’s not as if the other browsers are bad. But mark my words, as soon as the Chrome extensions are available users will lap onto Chrome. Specially the millions of Indians with low bandwidth problems (that includes me too). And I will be the first in line.


OK, so enough ranting for now, moving onto the real thing.


What the hell is Chrome OS?

An Operating System based on a browser. You’ve got to be kidding me, right? Doesn’t it take years to build a stable OS?


Right on. Ask Apple, Microsoft and Linux how difficult this is. Heck, started in 1991, Linux is still struggling to get us that completely stable magic.


But what the Chrome OS wants to do is to solve problems associated with Windows, the main being that it’s a bloated operating system that isn’t built for a computing world based on the web.
Read more

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire